Monday, November 23, 2009

2009

2009 was a weird year for me and I think it's kind of apparent from the new music I was into.
Here's a playlist of stuff from this year that I dug on. I'm definitely not claiming to have heard everything that came out this year, this is just what I experienced and liked. Hope you enjoy it. Old favorites like Slayer and Sonic Youth had new albums that stood up with their best work but you should know by now what those bands sound like and whether or not they're your cup of tea.

(I live in New Mexico which is kind of a vacuum as far as record stores and outlets to discover new music go, hence the title of the blog. Most of my time is spent listening to hardcore punk rock, hip hop and Pet Sounds. A lot of my new music discovery comes from reading about stuff online or from friends and tends to lean indie/poppy so I apologize if this comes off a little Pitchfork heavy. Let me know if there's good stuff that you think I may have missed!)

2009

1. Atlas Sound - Walkabout (f/Noah Lennox)
2. Mos Def - Casa Bey
3. The Thermals - Now We Can See
4. Cymbals Eat Guitars - Some Trees (Merritt Moon)
5. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
6. Wale - Chillin' (w/Lady Gaga)
7. Sonic Youth - No Way
8. Dirty Projectors - Useful Chamber
9. Girls - Lust For Life
10. St. Vincent - Actor Out Of Work
11. Phoenix - 1901
12. Japandroids - Wet Hair
13. Deerhunter - Dissapearing Ink
14. Animal Collective - My Girls
15. Jay-Z - Run This Town (w/Rihanna & Kanye West)

Download Songs From The Vacuum - 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment