Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A mixtape I probably would have made: 2002

Moving right along in our series of mixtapes I would have made in a certain year, here's 2002.
This was the first year I spent completely living in Minnesota which was quite a bit different from New Mexico. The difference I found in new avenues to discover new music in my newly adopted home state was astonishing. I had never found myself surrounded by so many different musically knowledgeable people, going to so many excellent concerts and listening to so much great music, present and past.

Looking back, this was a great year for music. If i had to make a top 20 songs of all time list the included songs from Johnny Cash, The Roots, Drag The River, Wilco, The Flaming Lips, Against Me!, and Paul Westerberg would be strong contenders for inclusion.

Here's 2002. Hope you dig it.

  1. Queens Of The Stone-Age - You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar But I Feel Like A Millionaire
  2. Dillinger Four - Folk Song
  3. Drag The River - Get Drunk
  4. The Roots - The Seed 2.0
  5. Sweet JAP - Oh My Pretty Face
  6. Against Me! - Baby, I'm An Anarchist!
  7. Foo Fighters - All My Life
  8. The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize??
  9. Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around
  10. Elvis Costello - 45
  11. Blackalicious - Chemical Calisthenics
  12. Wilco - I'm The Man Who Loves You
  13. Rocket From The Crypt - Bring Us Bullets
  14. Paul Westerberg - We May Be The Ones
  15. Ultimate Fakebook - Inside Me, Inside You
  16. Sonic Youth - Disconnection Notice

No comments:

Post a Comment